Sunday, September 12, 2010

Austin Fashion Week 2010

I launched my Fall 2010 jewelry collection this year during Austin Fashion Week.  I participated in a big event called Fashion in Flight which took place at the beautiful Mexican American Cultural Center.  

               
 The show featured designers from all over the country and supported the non-profit group Austin Pets Alive!, whose mission is to make Austin a no-kill city.   The runway show was well-balanced with a mix of day, evening, and formal wear.  Lots of interesting and unique styles strutted down the catwalk!
My jewelry was displayed on an acrylic table illuminated from underneath in lavender light.   We were located right up front next to the runway and rockin DJ Manolo Black.
My theme for the night was Washed to ShoreAll of the displays were either handmade or found objects I selected to give the feeling that everything, including the jewelry, could have been found somewhere lying in the sand.   

Beachy, talisman necklaces were buried in an old rusty tray full of beach pebbles amongst a variety of bottles, shells, and large coral pieces.  Rings were displayed atop driftwood and vintage boat pullies.  It was a fun and successful night!  


 

3 comments:

  1. hey Margot, Fred(erica's bf) told me to check out your stuff so where can i go to take a peak?

    brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandi! I have a new website I'm working on right now that will have photos of the entire collection. Should launch in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete